CEO & Global Business Consultant
Dr Stuart Gibson, PhD MSc DipM FCIM FCMI F IDM, is an expert in research, strategy and marketing within the private banking, wealth management, family office, fiduciary, asset management, insurance, legal and professional services sector. His firm, Gibson Strategy, provides research, strategy and marketing consulting services; helping organisations grow their business by successful client acquisition and retention through understanding their wealthy clients, creating trusted relationships and securing long-term client loyalty.
His unique expertise, in-depth knowledge and insight into the private banking and wealth management industry has been gained through empirical research studies of HNWs, UHNWs, entrepreneurs, family businesses, family offices, wealth managers, private banks, asset managers, fiduciary firms, insurance firms, legal firms and other wealth management service providers.
Dr Gibson has spent over 30 years working and collaborating with global financial organisations in Europe, Middle East, Asia, Africa and USA. After several years working in the Middle East, he moved to Jersey in 1998 and started working for Mourant Ozannes; followed by over ten years with South African banking group FirstRand (Ashburton Investments, FNB Private Wealth and RMB Private Bank). He founded his research and strategy consulting firm Gibson Strategy in 2011, focusing on the wealth management industry.
Dr Stuart Gibson holds a PhD and MSc in Marketing, Private Banking and Private Wealth Management and a Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing. He is a Fellow of The Chartered Institute of Marketing (FCIM), a Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute (FCMI), a Fellow of The Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing (F IDM) and a Chartered Marketer since 2000. Dr Gibson is also a Visiting University Lecturer, a Trustee of the Jersey Brain Tumour Charity and a Governor at Victoria College Jersey.
- PhD - Marketing, Private Banking & Wealth Management
- MSc - Marketing (Wealth Management & Digital Technology)
- DipM - Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing (CIM)
- Chartered Marketer since 2000
- FCIM - Fellow of The Chartered Institute of Marketing
- FCMI - Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute
- F IDM - Fellow of The Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing
- Member of the Academy of Marketing
- Member of the British Academy of Management
- Member of the European Marketing Academy
- Fellow of the Academy of Marketing Science (US)
- Member of the American Marketing Association
- Parent Governor - Victoria College, Jersey (Chair of the Teaching & Learning Sub-Committee)
- Trustee and Committee Member - Jersey Brain Tumour Charity
Stuart has 2 children and enjoys rugby, architecture and cycling.