In order to successfully acquire or invest in a business opportunity, an acquirer or investor needs to assess and evaluate the target company, its operations, customers, competitors; its market sector, environment, assets and its opportunity for growth. Only when this commercial due diligence is completed successfully can the acquirer or investor be confident to proceed with the deal, or walk away.
Commercial Due Diligence
A rigorous and independent commercial, operational and technology due diligence is essential to help organisations understand what they are buying and how to create effective strategies to secure the optimal value from the deal.
Gibson Strategy provides an independent evaluation of all commercial aspects of a business and helps organisations and investors make better deal decisions and address the various acquisition and merger issues by providing a comprehensive set of due diligence services, assessing revenue growth, cost reduction opportunities, competitive position of the organisation, attractiveness of the industry and determining the optimal outcome of a business opportunity.
Our disciplined and scientific approach to commercial, operational and technology due diligence provides deep customised research and validated insight, analysis and intelligence, in order for the acquirer/investor to make informed critical decisions and proceed confidently to invest in a business opportunity; based on detailed, expert analysis of the fundamental drivers of the company performance.
Our key Commercial Due Diligence discipline model incudes:
• Managing the commercial due diligence programme from start to finish
• Working with our client to understand their investment approach and thesis
• Performing commercial, operational and technology due diligence on the target organisation
• Investigating and analysing the market sector definition (industry, size, growth, share analysis) and competitive landscape
• Investigating the product, channel, distribution, location type and geography
• Conducting qualitative interviews with customers, suppliers and competitors
• As protocol allows, conducting qualitative interviews with key management and personnel to understand and evaluate the management organisation and capability
• Completing sophisticated financial analysis to build up an inside picture
• Understanding and validating the target organisations’ operating model and business plan
• Defining the high-level approach for the business acquisition or merger
• Summarising the risk and opportunity implications for the acquirer/investor
• Guiding the decision to proceed or walk away from an investment opportunity
• We also help develop a post-acquisition/investment agenda once the deal is complete
"Over the past 14 years, I have had the pleasure of regularly working with Dr.Stuart Gibson, in a variety of capacities but always on marketing strategies in international markets, often with an emphasis on Africa. Stuart has proven to be a highly knowledgeable expert in business development strategy in the wealth management sector. He is very focussed on the commercial value he adds and I am absolutely delighted to recommend him."
Trevor Falle - former CEO FirstRand and Ashburton
We can help you with your commercial due diligence project; to find out how, contact us today email@example.com to arrange an informal chat .