CEO & Global Business Consultant
Dr Stuart Gibson, PhD MSc DipM FCIM FCMI F IDM, is an expert in research, business strategy and marketing within the private client, private banking, wealth management, family office, fiduciary, asset management, insurance, legal and professional services sectors.
His business consulting firm, Gibson Strategy, provides research, due diligence, strategy and business consulting services to wealth management professionals and private clients, globally.
His unique expertise, in-depth knowledge and insight into the private client, private banking and wealth management industry has been gained through empirical research studies of HNWs, UHNWs, entrepreneurs, family businesses, family offices, wealth managers, private banks, asset managers, fiduciary firms, insurance firms, legal firms and other wealth management service providers.
Dr Gibson (57) has spent over 35 years working and collaborating with global financial organisations in Europe, Middle East, Asia, Africa and USA. After several years working in the Middle East, he moved to Jersey in 1998 and started working for Mourant Ozannes; followed by over ten years with South African banking group FirstRand (Ashburton Investments, FNB Private Wealth and RMB Private Bank). He founded his research and business consulting firm Gibson Strategy in 2011, focusing on the private client and wealth management industry.
Dr Stuart Gibson holds a PhD in Private Banking and Wealth Management and an MSc and Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing. He is a Fellow of The Chartered Institute of Marketing (FCIM), a Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute (FCMI) and a Fellow of The Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing (F IDM). Dr Gibson is also a Visiting University Lecturer, a Governor of the Jersey Brain Tumour Charity and served as a Governor at Victoria College Jersey for three years between 2015 and 2018.
- PhD - Private Banking & Wealth Management
- MSc - Marketing (Wealth Management & Digital Technology)
- DipM - Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing (CIM)
- FCIM - Fellow of The Chartered Institute of Marketing
- FCMI - Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute
- F IDM - Fellow of The Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing
- Member of the Academy of Marketing
- Member of the British Academy of Management
- Governor - Victoria College, Jersey 2015 - 2018
(Chair of the Teaching & Learning Sub-Committee)
- Governor and Committee Member - Jersey Brain Tumour Charity
Stuart has 2 children and enjoys rugby, architecture and cycling.